Logged data frequency in CSV

Post questions and problems related to Engine Data in this forum.

Re: Logged data frequency in CSV

Postby greymarine » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:23 am

Hey guys,

The only update I have is that I logged a support ticket on 29/09/2015 and have only had one response from Justin (I would take it that this is a low priority for him - probably rightly so - just frustrating for some of us looking at small data samples - in my case - one specific lap).
I was thinking this was either a problem with the extract to CSV routine however given some other comments here - and Justin's first comment on the ticket, it does sound like a hardware issue.

From Justin:
"This is not a problem with the conversion of the data to csv as the log time is stored in an hour, min, seconds, milliseconds format in the raw data log, so when a .wrl file is opened this is translated directly into the Log Timestamp.
There are different rates of data from different ECU's so we sample to data from the various sources when there is new data available.
The most likely cause is the internal clock on the micro controller in the device, can you estimate the amount the timestamp is out based on your experiments?
FYI, the file timestamp uses a different mechanism to the data log timestamp which uses a high speed internal clock."

I provided some more details on my analysis to Justin - just waiting for the next update.
I'll keep you guys posted.
greymarine

Re: Logged data frequency in CSV

Postby ausrobbo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 am

Really old thread, but did this ever get resolved?
ausrobbo

Previous

Return to Engine Data