Baud rate error?

Post questions and problems related to Reading and Writing (Flashing) ECU's in this forum.

Baud rate error?

Postby Gottibusa08 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:41 am

I got home this afternoon, hooked to the logbox for the first time, read the map in the ecu and saved it. Came back out a little bit later, put the panels back on the bike, and threw the tank on, now it won't read or write the ecu, just gives me a set baud rate error and says unexpected or missing ecu response. Turn off ignition and reset interface and try again. Ugggh bout ready to throw a grenade under the bike and be done..

2008 Gen 2 Busa
Log Box v3
Zeitronix wideband

Used to run decent :((
Gottibusa08

Re: Baud rate error?

Postby yamaharacer 2015 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:58 am

I have the same problem with a 2015 yamaha R1. pretty sure i have a bad d can box. I have triple checked all connections and did a continuity check on all wiring. everything is fine with the wiring.
yamaharacer 2015

Postby Omega Alpha » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 am

I had this error on a 2016 R1 after first install..
My problem was one of the following....
The 4 wires going into the ECU harness (Yamaha Type 7). Make sure they are all the way in and that you have locked the harness by
re-engaging the white locking TAB.. The Green Wire (goes to PIN 29) wasn't making a great connection...

The other thing that i noticed at the same time was Kaspersky Total Security was restricting what WRT could do.. But i honestly
believe my issue was the Wires..
Omega Alpha

Postby yamaharacer 2015 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:46 am

I caught myself actually plugging the molex connector into the d can box upside down too. they should re-design that thing. my issue was one of those wires too.
yamaharacer 2015

Postby DobermanGuy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Omega Alpha wrote:I had this error on a 2016 R1 after first install..
My problem was one of the following....
The 4 wires going into the ECU harness (Yamaha Type 7). Make sure they are all the way in and that you have locked the harness by
re-engaging the white locking TAB.. The Green Wire (goes to PIN 29) wasn't making a great connection...

The other thing that i noticed at the same time was Kaspersky Total Security was restricting what WRT could do.. But i honestly
believe my issue was the Wires..

I had this problem too. Wires werent pushed all the way into the ecu connector (sorta tricky with those thin wires). Just make sure you can see a sheen of metal on the plug side in the pin-holes.
2006 Ymaha R6 (sold)
2015 Yamaha R1 Raven
DobermanGuy

Return to ECU Reading and Writing (Flashing) Issues