Auto Tune-AFR's-TPSvsETV and Individual Gear Maps 2015 R1

Post questions and problems relating to the AutoTune section of the Woolich Racing Tuned software in this forum.
Omega Alpha

Auto Tune-AFR's-TPSvsETV and Individual Gear Maps 2015 R1

Postby Omega Alpha » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:05 am

Hey everyone reading this.. Probably a stupid question so willing to get silly responses.. Once again most likely just over thought about it!
3-4 different things make up the question...

1)Starts with ETV vs TPS Vs RPM mapping. Which has the other option of mapping ETV for Gears separately.. Which ive done. Neutral, 1 and 2 are all different base maps.. Gears 3-6 use the same base map.

2) In auto tune there is also a drop down box to select different gears.
Which sorta makes sense if the ETV can have different openings at the same ETV-TPS-RPM from gear to gear to gear..

3). From the main menu of Woolich when you select FUEL MAPS and when it opens there is only one Fuel Map.. (well two IAP and ETV) but no Individual
Fuel Maps per Gear option.. Not even different Fuel Maps for Mode A,B,C and D..

The Fuel map appears to be the only one.. One map for gears 0-6..And 4 Ride Modes

So my question is.
Wouldn't applying Auto Tune to the one Fuel Map Actually have conflicting Taget AFR's for different gears if the gears have different ETV vs TPS maps?

I hope Ive articulated that correctly..
I haven't been touching the drop down box for gears in Auto Tune., It default opens to nothing selected.

Omega Alpha

Re: Auto Tune-AFR's-TPSvsETV and Individual Gear Maps 2015 R

Postby Omega Alpha » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Ill answer my own question.. After pouring over all my data
Yes it does!

As im still new and learning all things.. Is there another map like Acel enrichment i can use to add or remove fuel per gear?

Or do i need to have the same ETV maps for each gear?

RockThePylon

Postby RockThePylon » Sat May 27, 2017 2:57 am

Someone who's seen the logic inside the ECU would provide a better answer... But...

The ETV map should not have an effect. Fuelling is based on the TPS, which is only selected by the ETV map.

I'd hazard a guess at the difference being due to speed and gear position.

realpsi

Postby realpsi » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Kawasaki and Suzuki both have a fuel trim table for each gear. This table can be used to trim fuel per gear. Idk what Yamaha would call it or if it even exist.

Woolich Support

Postby Woolich Support » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:24 am

ETV mapping should not have an effect on fueling per gear. The ecu doesn't care where the TPS is only the relative ETV position to the fuel map.
Ignition timing can make a difference in AFR per gear as well as the ram air from the intake.

When logging on make sure you have your data filters set correct as Yamaha fueling can change relative to Coolant Temperature as well. You may find the bike running very cool then hot dependent upon your location.

The Autotune user guide in the Installation Guide section may provide some more information for you.

-Woolich Support