Basics about fuelmaps

Post questions and problems relating to Editing Fuel, Ignition and Other Maps in the Woolich Racing Tuned software in this forum.

Basics about fuelmaps

Postby fommen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi,
some basic questions about fuelmaps i can't get my head around. I have a Kawa H2 and wr supports IAP, TPS, fueltrim, injector balance, IAP upper injector and TPS upper injector.

I have no problem understanding the IAP and TPS maps but i don't understand the difference between making changes in these two maps and to make changes in the fueltrim maps? If there is no difference, when should you use the fueltrim maps?

Basicly the same questions about the relationship between injector balance maps and IAP-TPS upper injector maps. If i ad to the IAP-TPS upper injector maps it should affect the injector balance map? Or will the balance remain, so when i make changes in the IAP-TPS upper injector maps it also affect lower injector to keep the balance specified in the injector balance maps?

Maybe a few videos explaining what the maps actually do would be a good thing.

Confused..;-)
fommen

Re: Basics about fuelmaps

Postby realpsi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:14 am

Injector Balance is the percentage between upper and lower injector.
Fuel trim is a multiplier for the overall fuel. 100 is actual value in the fuel table. 98 would be .98 of fuel table value.
Fuel trim can be used for individual gear maps
Upper and lower injector maps are the amount for the top and bottom injectors. I believe these start the same. I would unify the maps to keep the same balance.

Fuel balance can be used to shift upper and lower injector flows.
realpsi

Postby fommen » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 am

thanks for this info, so the fueltrim maps is mainly for adjusting different fuel needs depending on gear, like ramair effect is higher in 6:th gear etc. makes perfect sense.

I'm still a bit confused about the injector balance maps though. If i understand it correct, the values in the IAP-TPS fuel maps represents the total amount of fuel (or openingtime for the injectors) that should be injected and the injector balance maps decide how much of that fuel should go through the lower vs the upper injectors.
What is the purpose then of the IAP-TPS upper injector maps? The values in these maps is somewhat like the main fuel maps so i guess it represent actual opening time for the upper injectors but it seems to me that the injector balance maps decide this..
fommen

Postby realpsi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:30 am

I don't know your answer for sure.

On my ZX10 the values in top and bottom injectors start equal. I would think they represent total fuel flow and the balance determines the split.

Since they are separate I would think you can adjust the top and bottom maps for different injector sizing and the balance still controls the split top to bottom. Essentially the injector maps act like an absolute value for flow value and the balance maps acts like a biasing value.

My Suzuki has just one fuel map with injector balance, so it is much easier to understand.
realpsi

Postby fommen » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:25 pm

You mean think of the IAP/TPS fuel maps like fuel maps for the lower injectors? Well, it would explain the IAP/TPS upper injector maps and as you said, if you have different type of injectors for lower and upper it would be necassary to have different maps for them. Good input, thanks.

Too bad it's not possible to unify the IAP/TPS upper injector maps, just the ordinary IAP/TPS fuel maps.
fommen

Postby realpsi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Just to be clear
This is on my ZX10 bin

I have iap upper
iap lower
tps upper
tps lower

I can adjust values in all of them. The lower and upper injector values are the same in the iap map and the tps map.

I have the option to unify by upper or lower injector which essentially leaves me just an iap fuel map and a tps fuel map.

Fuel balance adjust percentage of bottom and top injector
Fuel trim is a multiplier for fuel maps.
realpsi

Return to Editing Fuel, Ignition and Other Maps